Check out my Tips for A Smooth Transition Home!
by: Gloria Paul, Certified Doula
I am a birth and postpartum doula serving Statesville, Lake Norman, and Surrounding areas in North Carolina. I also own and operate A Greener Clean house cleaning based in Statesville, NC. I was a surrogate twice after having my own two children. I love babies!
If you are expecting a new addition whether its your 1st or 4th. Some tips for a smooth transition home:
- Stock the fridge and pantry. Last thing a new mama wants to do is grocery shop and meal prep. Frozen meals are great to have on hand for a quick supper. Paper plates and disposable utensils are a helpful way to avoid the dishes piling up. Keep a water bottle nearby at all times espeically if you are breastfeeding.
- When friends and family ask if they can help - take them up on it! Allow them to bring you home cooked meals (or uber eats) or come fold laundry. If they do visit and want to snuggle the new baby, take this time to take a shower, or catch a few zzz's.
- If your finances allow, line up service people before your due date. This can be anything from hiring a Cleaning Service, lawn care, babysitter for your older children, or Finding a Post Partum Doula in your area. A post partum doula is a mother's helper. She is knowledgeable about childbirth and the changes happening with your body (including all those emotions you may be feeling as a new mom). A Post Partum Doula can help w/ meal prep, light house keeping, laundry, newborn care, babysitting, and emotional support. A cleaning service is wonderful because you will be healing for the next 4-6 weeks and should not be doing any heavy housework such as bathrooms, vacuuming, lifting, and mopping. for more information on Doula Services in the Statesville area, check out http://www.agapedoulanc.com
- Sleep when the baby sleeps. I know I know, everyone says this. But its because you should do it - really!
- Take care of your physical AND emotional needs. Make sure you are getting time to yourself. Talk to a friend. Whatever self care works best for you, make time for it. Your needs matter too! and if at any time you are feeling hopeless or have thoughts of injuring yourself or your baby, please contact your OB or midwife ASAP.
- #youragoodmom #yougotthis #agapedoulanc
- check out how a doula can help you by visiting AGAPE DOULA NC